Palmapedia.com  
Lipanj 24, 2017, 02:05:24 *
Dobrodošli, Gost. Molimo, prijavite se ili se registrirajte.

Prijavite se korisničkim imenom, lozinkom i duljinom prijave
Novosti:

Forum   Pomoć Traži Prijava Registracija  
 Str: 1 2 [3]
  Ispis  
Autor Tema: Bijeg u divljinu-"podivljale palme"  (Posjeta: 5076 )
0 Članova i 1 Gost pregledava ovu temu.
KT
Phoenix

Spol: Muški

« Odgovor #30 : Travanj 08, 2016, 18:35:44 »

YES! I was meaning exactly this form of Chamaerops sun. Please do you have any additional information about this special form?! I have three plants (actually two because I cut every year any new aerial growth of the second male specimen), one female and two male plants. I gathered the seeds from a specimen in Barcelona, of which I post pictures below. My specimens are identical to one in Andalusia and also to the one in the Croatia but the blue color. I dicovered that this blue color appears later in the life of this form and very probably depends directly or indirectly (more light means more rapid growth and therefore faster attainment of the crucial size for the appearance of blue color) on sun exposure.
« Zadnja izmjena: Travanj 08, 2016, 18:38:14 KT » Evidentirano
Henoh
Administrator

« Odgovor #31 : Travanj 08, 2016, 20:32:40 »

I think this silver coloration is associated with higher altitude and strong solar radiation, like in habitat in Great Atlas where Chamaerops naturally grow from 1200-1300 m up to 2300 m above sea level. This is just my opinion, and I don't have any proof for statement. About particular Chamaerops I found picture on this blog http://www.rutas.pradomaguillo.com/2012/05/terril-1129-mts-el-techo-de-sevilla.html
In literature it's documented habitat close to the city of Pruna (Seville). 36°59′47.1″N,. 5°12′33.3″W (698 m). http://journals.tubitak.gov.tr/botany/issues/bot-14-38-6/bot-38-6-10-1404-38.pdf Snow at this location is not rare event.
That article motivated me for searching photos from different habitats, and later same article I share to our member Branimir. In the meantime we collected literally thousands photos from different habitats across Mediterranean. Very interested ecotype is in NE Morocco from area close to the city of Berkane and bordering area Tlemcen in NW Algeria. It's kind intermediate form between Chamaerops humilis var. argentea (silver cerifera) and Chamaerops humilis var. humilis (green form). Further east in north Africa exist only standard green Chamaerops humilis var. humilis.
Berkane area, Morrocco

Tlemcen area, Algeria

They are not always big with trunks, only on protected locations they manage to grow at this size.
Evidentirano

'Mediteran kakav je nakad bio'
KT
Phoenix

« Odgovor #32 : Travanj 08, 2016, 22:29:24 »

Thank you for the additional information. Now some remarks. Mine (pictures below) grows at aprox 150 m altitude and at about 200 m distance from sea shore, nevertheless it is glaucous.  Beside the glaucous color other features are the big size of the leaves (both petiole and lamina) and the heavy armament of petioles. Both those latter features exist on the croatian specimen and most probably also on the andalusian one and of course also on the mother plant. On the specimens in NE Morocco and NW Algeria however leaves look proportionally smaller but again this may be attributed to inadequate water resources. If only we could check also the petioles of those african exemplaries...
Evidentirano
branimir
Global Moderator

« Odgovor #33 : Travanj 09, 2016, 11:14:54 »

Ovaj raste na otoku Murteru i također ima plavu nijansu na površini lista.
Jesu li to križanci sa ceriferom ili nešto drugo, neznam.
Evidentirano

KT
Phoenix

« Odgovor #34 : Travanj 09, 2016, 11:15:34 »

Intriguingly enough the wikipedia under the topic Chamaerops (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamaerops)  provides the information that Chamaerops is divided in to THREE varieties and TWO cultivars. Beside the already known varieties of humiis and argentea it is mentioned also the third variety EPONDRAES restricted to NW Africa with specimens of this variety having leaves also glaucous.The citation of the source of this information is however inadequate in this article, nevertheless same information is already reproduced accross web in several pages belonging to nurseries.
Evidentirano
Henoh
Administrator

« Odgovor #35 : Siječanj 21, 2017, 12:03:54 »

Na cesti iz pravca Labina prema Opatiji (uz more) vidio sam nekoliko odraslih primjeraka Trachycarpusa fortuneia u potpunoj divljini ili šikari dole prema moru i daleko od naselja. Mislim da je to bilo nekoliko kilometara prije Medveje, tamo negdje...

PS Da li se pod bijegom smatra i slučajno posipanje (ili gubitak  icon_mrgreen) sjemenka Sabal minora po šumi u potrazi za šparugama... icon_twisted
Supruga se jucer vracala iz Istre i negdje u smjeru, tj. u blizini Rijeke mi je spomenula da je u sumi s ceste vidjela nekoliko velikih Trachycarpusa. Izvan naselja, nigdje kuca u blizini.Mozda su to isti ti koje je Veruda prijavio.Ako ih ima velikih znaci da je manjih primjeraka koji ce tek postati vidljivi jos dosta okolo.
Evidentirano

'Mediteran kakav je nakad bio'
amelito1
Cocos nucifera

« Odgovor #36 : Siječanj 21, 2017, 15:35:50 »

Trebalo bi ih poslikat da se vide
Evidentirano
 Str: 1 2 [3]
  Ispis  

Skoči na:  

Pokreće MySQL Pokreće PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines Valjani XHTML 1.0! Valjani CSS!